- In 2010, one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of built-to-order cabinetry asked us to update a retail ethnography study we originally completed in 2005.
- With the economy impacting sales, and competitors becoming increasingly innovative in their approach, our client sought to update their understanding of the path to purchase decision process for all targets: consumers, interior designers, architects, showroom owners, home center designers, and installers.
- We employed a combination of in-home and in-store ethnographies, telephone IDIs, in-person IDIs, site visits, and secret shops.
- Our research identified a critical missing step / tool that could assist all audiences in moving forward with cabinetry purchases with greater confidence and preference for this brand’s products.
- This tool is now in development, and being tested prior to a wider rollout.