Retail Environment Hybrid Methods
- In 2010-11, the #1 confections maker in the U.S., along with the #2 discount retailer, hired us to develop and field our proprietary process, Eye Tracker 3.0.
- The initial study involved examining the impact of a reset store format that was poised for wider rollout.
- Objectives included assessing how guests navigate the store; shop the confections aisle; visual cues used to locate products; and, how the reset store format impacted loyal shopper habits and patterns.
- Our research determined that shoppers use very specific visual cues when shopping, as well as very specific visual search patterns.
- Our recommendations lead to increased visibility of the aisle, improved organization of the products, enhanced package placement.